- Story Summary
- Step by Step Manual
- Printable Play Script
- Random Character Assignment Generator
- Text Leveling Information
- Key Vocabulary
- Games & Activities
- Go to PlayAloud
Today’s story is about Cinderella, a young woman who lived with her cruel Stepmother and two Stepsisters. One day a royal announcement is made inviting every young woman in the kingdom to a ball where the Prince is to choose his Bride.
After many suitors, the Prince meets Cinderella and they hit it off. When she is suddenly forced to leave the ball she drops her glass slipper and the Prince sets out to find her.
Step by Step Manual
Download our Step by Step Manual (for home or classroom use).
Printable Play Script
Download our full play script for Cinderella.
Note: if you are doing this with a group of people, assign characters to each person now! Each person can play multiple characters if your group is not big enough!
- Stepsister #1
- Stepsister #2
- Fairy Godmother
- Coach Driver
Random Character Assignment Generator
Try it now!
Text Leveling Information
Here, you will find specific details on the text complexity and lexile measure of the Cinderella PlayAloud.
Middle Low-Middle High
Lexile Text Measure
Suggested Grade Band
Here is a list of key/critical vocabulary words in our PlayAloud script for Cinderella.
Tier 2 Words
- Candlelight (noun): the light created by the flame of a candle
- Gown (noun): a woman’s dress or robe, especially one that is full-length
Tier 3 Words
- Heir (noun): a person who inherits or has a right of inheritance in the property of another following the latter’s death
- Coach Driver (noun): a person who drives (controls) a horse-drawn carriage
- Carriage (noun): a wheeled vehicle for transporting people as one moved by horses and designed for comfort and elegance
- Court (noun): the residence of a high dignitary, family, or royal person; palace.
Games & Activities
As you play along or after you have completed the PlayAloud “Cinderella” jump into these fun Games and Activities that will enhance the script!